Category: Educators (Children’s Services Employees)
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 38
Application Closing Date: 19/12/2023
Wanting a change of scenery??? A rare opportunity to join our supportive and passionate team on a permanent basis has presented itself.
Gumnut Cottage is a 52 place community based, not for profit child care centre located in Coffs Harbour on the picturesque Mid North Coast.
We are seeking a positive, enthusiastic individual/s who are committed to delivering quality and engaging educational programs in a homely and nurturing environment.
Option of full or part time available.
Your key responsibilities in this role will be to:
Contribute to the planning and delivery of educational programs in a caring and nurturing environment, setting up activities, preparing and cleaning away materials and supplies;
Work collaboratively with a dedicated team striving to deliver exceptional educational outcomes
Engage in reflective practices
Creating a friendly, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment;
Maintain a high level of health & safety standards
Foster positive relationships with children, families, and colleagues, promoting open communication and a sense of belonging.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and contribute to a positive workplace culture
low staff turn over
supportive work environment with caring management
mentoring and access professional development and training
- A Diploma and/or ECT qualification in accordance with ACECQA.
- A valid Working with Children Check or be willing to obtain one
- ACECQA approved First Aid Qualification that includes applying first aid, emergency asthma management and anaphylaxis
- Food Safety certificate or willing to obtain one
- Current understanding of National Quality Framework and the Early Childhood Education and Care Laws and Regulations.
- High level of written correspondence and comprehension including high level of documentation skills.
- Understanding of the planning cycle, observation techniques and making essential links to children’s learning outcomes.
- A commitment to best practice.
- Demonstrated initiative and decision making abilities
- Ability to time-manage and meet deadlines.
Service Name: Gumnut Cottage Child Care Centre
Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 0266513077
Contact Name: Vanessa Gentle