Category: Educators (Children’s Services Employees)
Employment Status: Part Time
Hours Per Week: 22.5 hours
Application Closing Date: 17/12/2023
Paid non-term time. (NSW public school holidays)
Part time work- 3 days per week
Higher educator to child ratios
Not for profit, community-based preschool
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated educator to join our team at Thurgoona Preschool for the 2024 preschool year.
The position is temporary part time to support the inclusion of children with additional needs into our program. The position is Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with the possibility of extra days to cover relief.
Thurgoona Preschool provides high quality education and care for up to 50 children each day aged three to six and operates for children from 8.30am to 4.00pm during the NSW school terms.
There are plentiful resources to provide children with a quality play-based program. The preschool is set in a beautiful natural environment.
- Current Education & Care First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis training
- NSW Working with Children Check clearance.
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection qualification.
- Working knowledge of the National Quality Framework (NQF) and the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)
- Knowledge of Child safe standards
- Experience working in a preschool or early childhood setting
- Experience working with children with additional needs
- Excellent communication skills to effectively liaise with families and staff and maintain a positive team environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team, engage in collaboration, shared feedback and reflective practice.
- Ability to observe and record children’s development and interests and contribute to the program.
- Ability to assist in providing education programs which meet the developmental, cultural and special needs of individual children attending the preschool.
- Experience and enthusiasm to create inviting, interesting and nurturing learning environments and experiences for children that reflect their ideas, interests, strengths and family priorities.
- Ability to implement behaviour guidance techniques and strategies consistent with the centre’s policies and practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to participate in professional and personal development.
- Our children would like someone who is nice, happy, will keep them safe, catch them when they fall and knows how to play with them.
Service Name: Thurgoona Preschool
Application Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 0260431633
Contact Name: Karen Collins