New to CCSA, our self-paced learning packages complement our various learning options. Complete a training package at your own pace, at a time and place that suit you.
Committee Induction Package
Our Committee Induction Self-paced Learning Package supports management committees to understand the key areas of governance and management in the early childhood sector. Good governance and management are essential to achieve best practice service delivery, and ultimately the best outcomes for children.
The package gives committee members an understanding of their role and responsibilities within the service.
The Committee Induction Package consists of 5 self-paced modules (15 – 30 minutes each) that answer these questions:
- What are the different types of legal structures in early childhood education and care services?
- What are the specific reporting requirements for my service?
- What are the key elements of a strategic plan, and how does the business plan fit in?
- What is the difference between state and federally funded services?
- What does budgeting mean for our service?
- What are our and acquittal obligations and processes?
The National Quality Framework
- What is the National Quality Framework?
- What are the National Laws and Regulations, and what are our interaction with regulatory authorities?
- What are the National Quality Standards and the rating process?
Human Resources and Industrial Relations
- What are my responsibilities as an employer?
- What are the Fair Work Act, National Employment Standards and Modern Awards?
- Where do I find the information I need to fulfill my role?
- What is a child safe organisation, and how do we ensure the health and safety of employees?
- Why are policies and procedures important?
Participants will receive a personalised certificate on completion of the package.
This package will help your committee members in their role, help them support you in your role, and benefit the service.
Download the Director’s Guide to find out more and to introduce your committee to the Induction Package.
One package item per person will need to be purchased to allow individuals full access to the learning package and to obtain a personalised certificate of completion.