To help new members of your service’s committee/board develop an understanding of the service it is a good idea to develop an orientation kit.
This kit may include important documents such as a
- copy of the services constitution
- the national regulations
- relevant policies and procedures
- an outline of staff roles and accountability
- copy of your last annual report, and
- CCSA’s Committee Member guide.
This list is not comprehensive but is a good starting point.
See the Governance section of our website for more information and to download a Committee Member guide.