Please refer to this page regularly and follow us on Facebook for the latest COVID-19 updates and information.
This Department of Education animation can be shared with families as a resource to remind them of the requirements when vising their early childhood education and care service.
Media release from the NSW Premier and Treasurer
More detail will be posted on this page as it becomes available.
The NSW Government will be offering financial support to businesses impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions and stay-at-home orders.
If your business or not-for-profit organisation has been impacted by the restrictions, you may be eligible to apply from late July 2021.
Applications for the COVID-19 business support grant are expected to open from late July 2021.
Go here to see how you can get ready and avoid delays in completing your application, and register to be notified when the support program opens.
From Monday 12 July 2021 the Service NSW QR code will be mandatory at all workplaces and retail businesses including all early childhood centres and services. This requirement covers long day care, outside school hours care, family day care, preschool, mobile and out of scope services.
You will be required to display the Service NSW QR code and take reasonable steps to ensure all adult staff, families and visitors entering the service premises check in using the Service NSW QR code.
Children are excluded from this requirement.
You can read more about this and other COVID-19 guidelines for early childhood education and care services here on the NSW Department of Education website.
How to obtain a QR code
To obtain a unique QR code, go to the NSW Government website to register your service. Once you have registered you will receive:
• a unique QR code for COVID Safe Check-in with the Service NSW app
• the Service NSW Check-in webform, an online form for checking in customers who can’t use the QR code
• posters for your premises and social media badges
• a link to your personalised resources online.
Please contact the member Support Infoline on (02) 4782 1470 or 1800 991 602 (Option 2) if you need any further information.
What to do next
• Download and display your unique Service NSW COVID Safe Check-in poster. (Do not alter the poster in any way or the QR code may not display correctly).
• Display the QR code where it’s easy to see and easy for people to scan.
• Confirm the person has successfully checked in (look for the green tick on the confirmation screen).
Go here to find out more including the different ways people can check-in and how to help If someone needs help to check-in
Update from the NSW Department of Education