Employment Status: Part Time
Hours Per Week: 31
Application Closing Date: 16/12/2022
About Possum Early Childhood Centre:
Possum Early Childhood Centre is 20 place program for 3-5 year old children that operates 8:30am-4:30pm for 49 weeks per year. It has been twice rated (2016 and 2021) as exceeding the National Quality Standard. It is located in Hazelbrook in the Blue Mountains and enjoys a truly beautiful outdoor environment. The team is dedicated and committed to the program, that involves a slow pedagogy that fosters nurturing and respectful interactions with children and colleagues. This brings a sense of calmness, curiosity and creativity to the program and is supported by a co-constructed, inquiry-led and play based curriculum. Recognition of the environment as the third teacher is acknowledged through the investment of high quality, open ended resources that allow children to explore and innovate as they learn. Possum is well known for its inclusive approach to early childhood education and this includes working in true partnership with families, with our teams members being approachable and warm.
About Connect Children and Families:
Connect is a Blue Mountains based not for profit organisation, meaning we exist purely to improve the lives of children and families in the communities where we operate. Our vision is “Children and families thrive in safe, connected communities”. This is reflected our commitment to being a Child Safe organisation, our ongoing work towards Reconciliation and by working an integrated way within the organisation and with community partners. Along with Early Childhood Education, we also provide programs in development and disability support, supported playgroups, transition to school programs and family support. We know that our workforce is our greatest asset and have a strong focus on mentoring and professional learning. This is supported through internal mentors and also providing opportunities for staff to access external learning, including peak body national conferences.
Our values are “We tune in, connect and are kind. We walk together, strive for social justice and celebrate every child.”
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a demonstrated knowledge in contemporary pedagogy as well as the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Framework
- Are a collaborative and supportive leader who has the ability to mentor and coach educators of different qualifications and experience levels
- Have a commitment to working with families in partnership to support the best outcomes for children and their families
- Have experience in developing and maintaining community relationships
- Value Reconciliation and embedding Aboriginal perspectives into your curriculum
- Can set clearly defined expectations, plans and listen carefully to those you are communicating with
This is a Teaching Director role of 31hrs per week which includes 18hrs of non-contact time. You are supported by the service educational leader and the Connect Early Education Manager.
What we can offer you:
- Above award rates
- Salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Access to an EAP
- Integrated support from across the organisation, including mentoring, business support and human resource support
- Access to high quality professional learning including bespoke practitioner research projects
- A workplace culture that values best practice, is guided by evidence and research, and foster strong collegial relationships
Connect is a ChildSafe organisation.
Connect is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please email enquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a current Resume and a Covering Letter addressing the above eligibility criteria.
- Bachelor of Early childhood Education/ teaching
- Current WWCC and National Criminal records check, Current first aid certificate including resuscitation, anaphylaxis and asthma training
- Experience in quality improvement planning and undergone assessment and rating previously
- Must be highly organised and capable of multi-tasking
- Strong communications, leadership and management skills
- Self-managed and uses initiative as well as great written and verbal skills
- Minimum 2 years previous Director experience is preferred but not essential
Service Name: Possum Early Chidlhood Centre
Application Email: email@example.com
Contact Name: Connect Child & Family Services Inc
This post expires on Friday December 16th, 2022Apply Now