Employment Status: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 40
Application Closing Date: 19/12/2022
Arncliffe Preschool is seeking a Teaching Director (ECT qualification)
Contract: Permanent Full time- Teaching Director (3 days teaching and 2 days in the office)
Commencement: 2023 (or earlier if available)
Hours: Mon – Fri 8am to 4pm (Additional hours as required)
- Community based preschool with strong community ties
- Above award remuneration
- Supportive management committee
- A team of highly experienced, qualified educators
- Uniform provided though not compulsory
- Paid professional development and training opportunities
- Paid school holidays (Maximum 205 work days for ECT)
Arncliffe Preschool is a not for profit, 38 place Preschool that believes in a play based, interest-based curriculum. We have a strong focus on self-help skills and supporting children to develop the necessary play skill and social skills that will enable them to confidently enter a formal school setting, when they graduate from preschool.
We are an exceeding service, and have a strong commitment to ensuring that we provide high quality education and care.
This an opportunity for an experienced and passionate Teacher – Director to lead an exceeding service. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the preschool and effectively manage the financial requirements of the preschool, alongside our skilled office administrator.
You will be required to assist and support the educators and teachers to work harmoniously, providing ongoing mentoring and direction to the team. This will ensure that we continue to provide a high-quality educational program.
If you would like to join our team, please email your resume, and cover letter addressing how you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants need not apply.
- An ACECQA Approved Qualification, a Bachelor of Education/ ECE Teaching (or Equivalent)
- Experience as a Director • Current First Aid Certificate- Child Care approved (HLTAID012)
- Approved Child Protection Course (Currently CHCPR001)
- Sound knowledge of early childhood legislation and guiding frameworks, i.e., Regulations, EYLF and NQS
- NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- NESA accreditation
- A demonstrated understanding of managing an Early childhood service, i.e., budgeting, HR, rostering, etc. OR a willingness to learn
- Commitment to a unified approach that will enable you to uphold our exceeding rating
- Demonstrated understanding of Child Protection and Mandatory Reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of Workplace Health and Safety issues and practices
- High level of professionalism and the ability to build a positive rapport and communicate effectively with children, parents, and fellow team members
- The ability to work collaboratively alongside a Management Committee and a team of educators
- Strong advocate for quality early learning and a positive working culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Leadership experience or experience as Director/Nominated supervisor
- Experience with funding applications, budgeting and other financial aspects of running a community based preschool.
Service Name: Arncliffe Preschool
Application Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 95678213
Contact Name: Lyndall Guy
This post expires on Monday December 19th, 2022Apply Now