Category: Administration Employees
Employment Status: Part Time
Hours Per Week: 10
Application Closing Date: 08/10/2021
As an Administrative Officer, you are expected to be an active team member of a team which provides high quality early childhood education and care to children. This includes all matters relating to administrative and financial nature of the service.
- Welcoming visitors to our service.
- Ensuring that the administration of the service is efficient and effective.
- Developing strong relationships with families at the service.
- Developing strong relationships with other staff at the service.
- Developing strong relationships with the children at the service.
- Implementing the policies and associated procedures of the organisation at all times.
- Working with other staff towards continuous improvement in all areas of the service’s operations.
Accountabilities and Key Performance Indicators
- General Administration.
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the organisation at all times.
- Work in accordance with the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Law, Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
- Manage administration systems as directed including:
- General administration such as mail.
- Accounts support as directed such as lodging invoices.
- Enrolment processes; and ensuring all documentation is completed and allocated according to requirements.
- Ordering for housekeeping and general office.
- Staff attendance records such as leave entitlements and attendance.
- Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Experience on Using MYOB.
- Ensure all documents are created, stored, and maintained in accordance with the Centre’s document management system and confidentiality requirements.
- Maintenance of filing systems.
- Under direction of the Nominated Supervisor, maintain ongoing records of the children’s information.
- Assist the Nominated Supervisor with occupancy projections and re-enrolment procedures for the following year.
- Implement service fee collection policy and procedures.
- Assist families to maintain regular fee payment.
- Act as a resource person for families in relation to fees.
- Ensure the Nominated Supervisor is informed of any problem arising, which would affect the children, service approval or rating, regulatory and legal compliance, or the smooth running of the service.
- Be aware of the service budgets and, along with the Nominated Supervisor, prepare financial reports as required.
- Assist the treasurer as required.
- Timely and effective general administration according to work lists and schedules.
- Properly organise and manage working time to ensure efficient productivity.
- Perform customer service, telephone, and reception duties.
- Provide effective administration support to other administrative and education team members.
Professional Conduct & Learning
- Work within the ECA Code of Ethics, the service philosophy, policies and procedures to ensure quality service delivery.
- Work as an effective team member.
- Actively participate in performance appraisal process.
- Engage in reflective practice and ongoing professional learning.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families.
- Encourage families to contribute to the community of the centre.
- Actively support the organisation’s philosophy, policies and procedures and positively represent the organisation to external contacts at all opportunities.
- Workplace Health and Safety
⊲ Ensure a safe and healthy work environment at all times.
⊲ Implement and monitor effective WHS practices in accordance with legislation and service policy.
⊲ Understand and implement emergency management procedures as required.
⊲ Take responsibility for the protection and rights of children attending the service.
⊲ Respond positively and consistently to children’s additional needs/requirements – diet/allergies, developmental etc.
⊲ Report all workplace accidents and hazards to your supervisor.
⊲ Implement immediate action for identified hazards if able to do so.
⊲ Ensure the service’s duty of care to children and their families is strictly maintained.
- Qualifications in business or office administration.
- Working with Children Check.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Proven administrative skills, including proficiency in using a range of software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties responsibly under limited supervision to ensure the achievement of team goals.
- Experience in an education and care service is highly desirable.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with a focus on providing strong customer service.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to establish priorities, manage workloads and identify when to reschedule and reorganise work to reflect changes in priority.
- Ability to relate effectively to children and their families.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Positive communication and inter-personal skills.
Service Name: Pottsville Community Preschool
Application Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 0266761448
Contact Name: Sofia Machado
This post expires on Friday October 8th, 2021Apply Now