On 1 Nov 2021, the Fair Work Commission (FWC) handed down its final Decision and Determination in the Teacher Work Value Case. The Determination will take effect from the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 January 2022.
The Decision provides for:
- Introduction of a new classification system based on accreditation status, rather than years of service since gaining a relevant degree.
- Increases in teacher annual salaries from the current range of $53,731 – $74,344 to a new range of $61,034 – $84,452. Teachers in long day care settings will continue to receive an additional 4% .
- Follow-on increases in the level of Directors Allowance.
- Introduction of a new Educational Leaders Allowance of $3,845.14 per annum. Where applicable, the Educational Leaders Allowance is payable in addition to Directors Allowance.
- Processes for transitioning to the new pay structure.
CCSA is currently reviewing the Decision. We will be providing additional information through the Christmas Pay Guide, and a webinar series later in November.