Early childhood education and care (ECEC) services across NSW looking to improve their service and encourage more vulnerable children to attend can access the NSW Department of Education’s new Quality and Participation Grants program, with applications now open. Please note that this new combined grants program replaces the former Quality Learning Environments and Community Grants programs offered in prior years to not for profit services.
Eligible services can apply for a share of $21 million dollars in funding to assist with increasing access and the participation of children from low-income families, Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse children.
Eligible services are:
- not-for-profit community preschool (centre-based or mobile)
- not-for-profit long day care and includes local government managed services
- Multifunctional Aboriginal Children’s Service operating in NSW
- Aboriginal Child and Family Centres operating in NSW
- standalone for-profit long day care (defined as for-profit providers operating a single long day care service as identified by the National Quality Agenda IT System).
The Quality and Participation Grants Program supports eligible early childhood education services to:
- increase participation and access for children experiencing vulnerability and disadvantage, by delivering targeted initiatives and support for Aboriginal children and children from low income families (Category 1)
- improve quality learning environments to positively impact experiences and outcomes for preschool aged children (Category 2)
- support implementation initiatives to meet the requirements under the Preschool Reform Agreement and Early Years Commitment (Category 3).
What to do next
More information about the grants, including how to apply, is available on the NSW Department of Education website. Applications close on 14 November 2022.